Sunday 26 November 2017

Reading 9 : Months of the Year (Song) - Year 1

Hello there!


After the final exam, I realised that I faced a major problem in dealing with my pupils' weaknesses regarding spelling of the months of the year in English. I tried drilling, memorising and spelling test, none of it works well especially for the weaker pupils. So, I decided to come up with a song, which eventually matched with their styles of learning.

This lesson was conducted at the end of the year after the exam since we got plenty of time to waste. Hahaha. First, I distributed the lyrics and we read it together to ensure they got correct pronunciation. This drilling sessions went on and on for two days, without music, just plain reading on the first day, and slowly introduced them with the melody on the second day. So, on the third day, I brought my guitar and we started sing to the song with the melodies learnt.

I started sing with them line by line and repeat with verse by verse. After they managed to do it well, I continued with singing the entire song. The lyric is provided down here. 


Now, let's take a look at the video below :






P/s : You can check out for more post-exam activities in our school's HIP Page. Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © DIY Teaching Aids | Powered by Blogger
Design by Viva Themes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com